Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving thanks

A few of the things I am grateful for this year:
  • My daughter: my sweet, adorable baby became a charming, beautiful little girl this year. 
  • That we are in a position that we can afford for me to be home with Adriana, since that's what feels right to us.
  • A thoughtful, wonderful husband: I can talk with Brian about just about anything. We have the same goofy sense of humor. And he is a wonderful dad. 
  • Our extended family: we are all lucky that we are within an hour's drive of my dad and siblings and are only short flight from Brian's parents and sister. Adriana gets to see her grandparents every month and it always makes her so happy.
  • Living in Northern California: I love the weather, the year-round farmers' markets, the progressive politics, the laid-back attitudes. It's not that the bay area is perfect (housing prices and all the driving come to mind), and I do miss DC sometimes and wonder if we should try other places as well, but I can't imagine not wanting to live here.
  • The networks of mom-friends I've developed, both here in Mountain View and through an online community.
  • Pie.

Now, go read Jon Carroll's column, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments: