Friday, November 16, 2007

Seven songs

First, anyone else ever realize that you've been up for two hours and all you've eaten is a brownie and you go into the kitchen to get something healthy and end up eating another brownie? Gah! Why do I bake when I know I'll just eat what I bake constantly until it's gone?

Okay, seven songs I'm into right now, courtesy of Mary.

"St. Peter's Bones" by Girlyman: I am totally in love with Girlyman's harmonies

"Do You Remember?" by Jack Johnson: This somehow reminds me of when Brian and I first started dating

"After Party" by Ozomatli: With such profound lyrics like "Oye, baby! Oye, mami! Donde esta la after party?" this band is clearly destined for greatness

"Subterranean Homesick Blues" by Bob Dylan: So fun to try to sing along to

"Cease Fire" by Sarah Lee Guthrie and Johnny Irions: I don't know what it is about this song, but I can listen to it over and over all day long

"36-24-36" by The Violent Femmes: Another one that's fun to sing along to

"Born at the Right Time" by Paul Simon: Perhaps my all-time favorite Paul Simon tune

I wasn't going to do the bit where I tagged others to do this, but then it occurred to me that I am curious about what folks are listening to. So, Caitlin, Lauren, Ruthie, Anna, Jewel, Christie, and Eleeza, you are it!

2 comments:

Anna said...

I made the dessert for dinner at a friend's house tonight. My plan was to leave the rest of the dessert for them, but I was foiled! I now have a yummy chocolate peanut butter cheesecake bars in my fridge. Which I'd forgotten about until I read about your brownies.

I'll post my songs soon. As a teaser, one of the songs that came up on my ipod today had this line: "Cause quitin' just ain't my schtick..."

Ruthie said...

I'll post my favorite songs on here, since my blog is being weird and taking forever to post stuff
:-)
1. Invisible- Taylor Swift
2. Our Song- Taylor Swift
3. As If- Sara Evans
4. Passenger Seat- SHeDAISY
5. More Than a Memory- Garth Brooks
6. Find Out Who Your Friends Are- Tracy Lawrence
7. I'd Lie- Taylor Swift
I'm big into Country music. New country that is he he. Taylor Swift is my absolute favorite singer of all time. She's only 17, but sounds great and I can totally relate to her songs.