Thursday, September 13, 2007

Good things

1. The new Girlyman CD. It was released in the spring, but I didn't buy it until recently. Brian pointed out that some of the songs have more of a pop sound do them than previous albums--possibly because there's more percussion involved than in the past, but I'm fine with that. I mean, good songwriting, excellent guitar playing, and fantastic harmonizing--what more can you really ask for?

2. My new glass pendant from Dolce Beada, purchased last weekend at the Mountain View Art and Wine Festival. I fell in love with one of the pendants when we were downtown for the festival on Saturday, and when I stopped by again to ogle it when we went to the farmer's market on Sunday, Brian convinced me that an un-birthday present wouldn't be a bad idea.

3. The slightly cooler weather we're having. Highs in the low seventies are awesome.

4. Yoga. I've found a great postpartum yoga class here. It's not as strenuous as the class I used to go to at Spiral Flight, and there's a too much chaos with all the babies for it to be really relaxing, but I get some good stretching in. Plus, I'm impressed with how the teacher manages to guide us through stretches, wrangle the crawlers and toddlers, and help the newest mom find a comfortable nursing position ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

5. Baby's new tooth seems to just be cutting through her gums. Maybe tonight I will get to sleep for more than 90 minutes at a time.

No comments: