Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Blossoming

Two years ago I walked around Tidal Basin, admiring the cherry blossoms and thinking that in another year I'd be one of the new parents taking pictures of a baby underneath the flowering trees.

Last year I walked around Tidal Basin, admiring the cherry blossoms and thinking that I was supposed to be preparing for the birth of my baby in April, while trying not to stare too much at the couples pushing babies in strollers.

I don't think the cherry blossoms are as spectacular this year as they have been the past couple. Maybe I got there too much beyond their peak. Or maybe I am just happily distracted.


Adriana flying underneath the cherry blossoms

1 comment:

Mary Tsao said...

I think it's because the cherry blossoms pale in comparison to your beautiful little girl. Clearly.