Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Still a cranky commuter

While tourists who stand on the left side of the Metro escalator irritate me, I've discovered something much worse. I grumbled to myself about tourists last night as I was held up on the escalator by someone standing on the left a few people ahead of me, talking to his companion. Then I noticed the person was wearing a business suit, and I thought that whoever had organized the conference that this person was in town for should have offered some training on Metro etiquette. But when I reached the platform and hurried toward the still-waiting train, I glanced at the man who had been blocking the way and noticed the lanyard and badge he was wearing. He was a federal government employee.

Locals who stand on the left during rush hour? Way more evil than tourists doing the same thing.

No comments: