Monday, July 21, 2008

A year ago, today, a year from now

A year ago today I was surrounded by boxes in our new apartment, reading the new Harry Potter book while Brian unpacked and minded the baby. I felt slightly guilty, and kept reminding myself that he had been warned months in advance that he was on baby duty once that book arrived. Was it my fault that the book's release date happened to fall on the first Saturday after we moved in?

Today I rode my bike to a La Leche League group in the morning., ate lunch with Adriana out on the deck after we got home, and then put her down for her nap. We'll do the grocery shopping and a bit of planting this afternoon.

It's hard for me to wrap my mind around a year from now. What is life with a two-and-a-half-year-old like? Before I had a baby I could envision my life a year or two into the future without much difficulty, but now things change so quickly that it's hard to say.

1 comment:

Swistle said...

It IS hard to imagine, isn't it! I remember when my firstborn was a baby, thinking, "What will it be like when he's a FIVE-year-old??" and not even being able to imagine that kind of life.